Autor Thema: UK player visit to Austria (in English) Can you help  (Gelesen 3618 mal)

colin friend

• Gast
UK player visit to Austria (in English) Can you help
« am: September 23, 2004, 21:06:23 Nachmittag »
Hi
I am UK airsoft player. So I only speak english.

I am visiting Austria to play airsoft and need to know the regulations.

In England we have many such as gun velocity and how to carry in public and netting for sites.

Do you have a governing body.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry if message posted in wrong area.

Zeus_93

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: September 23, 2004, 21:44:28 Nachmittag »
hi!
sooo ... the government isn?t interested in airsoft in any way, so the clubs have to make their own regulations, ...

regulation for muzzle velocity in this club here is 360 fps with 0.2g BBs ....
you must not carry the gun visible in public, ... it might be good to put it into a guncaseh or something else, .... how you carry the gun inside this guncase (loaded, unloaded, with or without accu, .... ) doesn?t care anybody, ....

and sites .... well .... thats another story, .... its a little bit complicated, ... if you are more than 4 people, law considers you a "milit?risch bedenkliche gruppe" (i.e.: a group, that can be dangerous for the military, .....) so you have to rent a site AND you have to have a club witch organises the game officially, to make the game legal, ....

sites dont have special regulations ..... it depends on where the sites are .... if the site is in a wood, where are a lot of poeple, then it might be better to place warning signs alont the edges of the rented site, so that nobody gets hurt .... but the law has no special regulations, ....

Offline SecuriTUX

• Spambot
  • Vereinsmitglied
    • http://www.skirmish.at
« Antwort #2 am: September 23, 2004, 21:57:33 Nachmittag »
Erstellt von colin friendHi

Welcome onboard! ;)

Erstellt von colin friend
I am UK airsoft player. So I only speak english.

Due to the fact almost everyone of our players of this board can read Arnie's News understanding english should not be a big issue.

Erstellt von colin friend
I am visiting Austria to play airsoft and need to know the regulations.
In England we have many such as gun velocity and how to carry in public and netting for sites.

That's nice, that somebody from the island will visit us here. There are no real regulations about airsoft in Austria like in the UK. So there
are no FPS-Limits by law and nothing has to be painted orange. The registered associations (german: "Verein") do have some limits. In our case it is 360 FPS for AEGs. Speaking of registered associations - you will need to join an event organized by an associations, because you are not allowed to skirmish with more than 4 persons. In Austria you need a permit for airsoft-events having more than 4 persons, which is usally only given to associations and companies. (The reason is a law about paramilitary groups.)

Erstellt von colin friendDo you have a governing body.

No, we don't have, but each federal state has at least one associations. Austria is a small country and therefore we know each other ;)

Erstellt von colin friendAny help will be appreciated.

Just ask. If you want to translate german words you might consider http://dict.leo.org

Erstellt von colin friendSorry if message posted in wrong area.

It is in the correct area.

So here are my questions:
How long and when are you going to visit austria. I assume that it must be a longer vacation, because it would not make sense to carry all of your equipment to austria.
Where will you live in austria? (So we can give you directions to the local associations.)

"Kultur ist, wenn ich aus dem Sch?del meines Feindes eine geschmackvolle Trinkschale fertige. Zivilisation ist, wenn ich daf?r ins Gef?ngnis komme."

Offline SecuriTUX

• Spambot
  • Vereinsmitglied
    • http://www.skirmish.at
« Antwort #3 am: September 23, 2004, 22:04:20 Nachmittag »
Whups ... Somebody was faster.

Zitat
sites dont have special regulations ..... it depends on where the sites are .... if the site is in a wood, where are a lot of poeple, then it might be better to place warning signs alont the edges of the rented site, so that nobody gets hurt .... but the law has no special regulations, ....

... sometimes the austrian interpretation of laws can be strange: One time we had to pay a fine, because we attached warning signs. The reason given for the fine was that we "abused" the trees by attaching a sign with some tape. But don't worry the few places we have are quite save against law suits and we also have an insurance against such.

Zeus_93 already mentonied a big difference to the UK: There are only a few sites and therefore only a few events! We also don't have any airsoft retailer, except one, which is way too expensive and unfriendly.

"Kultur ist, wenn ich aus dem Sch?del meines Feindes eine geschmackvolle Trinkschale fertige. Zivilisation ist, wenn ich daf?r ins Gef?ngnis komme."

Offline sleeper

• Airsoftler
« Antwort #4 am: September 25, 2004, 10:57:54 Vormittag »
Erstellt von SecuriTUX
We also don't have any airsoft retailer, except one, which is way too expensive and unfriendly.

and that is why the meaning of ascn is no longer Airsoft Sport Club Nieder?sterreich.
the new meaning of ascn from now on is Anti Schunko Campaign Nieder?sterreich!

but that wasn't useful... :)

welcome! ;)

<ASCN>

Im Wald zwei Wege boten sich mir dar...
...und ich nahm den, der weniger betreten war...
...und das ver?nderte mein Leben! -Robert Lee Frost-